Land Rover Grand Prix win for Philipp Weishaupt
The show jumping program continued in Helsinki on Saturday afternoon when the world’s top riders gathered together to compete in Land Rover Helsinki Grand Prix 160cm. This year the win went to Germany when Philipp Weishaupt on Asathir managed to make the fastest clear rounds with the result 32,30 seconds.
„I have to say, the horse was just incredible, she is a pleasure to ride and I really think that the best horse won today. She is an absolute superstar and there’s nothing she can’t do„, Weishaupt praised his horse.
„To win a five star Grand Prix is always something special and I’m really happy with our result, especially because we had a lot of top riders and top horses here today. I knew I would have good chances with this horse but of course you never know until after the last rider. Being in the beginning is not the best place to be in the jump-off but I managed to put a high standard on the time and hoped it was going to be enough. I had a good shot at number one and saw the distance to the second one and luckily my horse was playing the game. Of course it was a bit risky but with a horse like this it’s not a problem“, Weishaupt commented on their result.
Maikel Van der Vleuten and Dana Blue from the Netherlands also did two amazing rounds and were awarded with the second place after a really tight competition in the jump-off. He was followed by Irish Denis Lynch on The Sinner.
Land Rover Grand Prix, 160 cm, competition with jump-off. Started 39, placings 12.
1) Philipp Weishaupt/Asathir, GER 0-0/32,30,
2) Maikel Van der Vleuten/Dana Blue, NED 0-0/32,93,
3) Denis Lynch/The Sinner, IRL 0-0/35,28,
4) Angelique Rüsen/Arac du Seigneur Z, GER 0-0/35,83,
5) Olivier Philippaerts/H&M Cue Channa, BEL 0-4/34,43,
6) Anna-Julia Kontio/Ornellaia, FIN 0-4/36,69,
7) Yuri Mansur/Hunter van het Indihof, BRA 1/73,59,
8) Geir Gulliksen/Edesa S Banjan, NOR 1/73,61,
9) Shane Breen/CSF Vendi Cruz, IRL 1/73,79,
10) Kevin Staut/Lorenzo, FRA 4/67,92,
11) Steve Guerdat/Ulysse des Forets, SUI 4/67,94,
12) Stephanie Holmén/Carma, SWE 4/68,72,